hold my damn earrings by ~duskflare
Text me so I don’t strangle my sister or my mother.
if you don’t already have my number, sucks for you lol.
i’m gonna be at a rotc fundraiser for 6 hours, so if you have my number you should text me to keep me notbored
tries to do hot make outs
does neck snoodling instead
chekov private comming sulu in the middle of into darkness because he feels like he’s in over his head and he’s close to tears and then sulu reminds him about his first day on the enterprise and the external dampeners and he can hear chekov’s teary choked laugh on the other end and it suddenly hits him that if the warp core doesnt get fixed there’s a chance he’ll never get to see pavel’s face again.
christine chapel with tattoos covering most of her body in a cutoff and patched up science officers uniform
THANKS A LOT YOU GODDAMN PRINCES.: i’ve been getting a bunch of asshole messages lately so here’s the... -
i’ve been getting a bunch of asshole messages lately so here’s the deal.
1) using traditionally feminine words (e.g. pretty, delicate, lovely) to describe a man is not an insult
2) you see it as a degrading insult because you have been taught to believe that being a woman, being feminine, is degrading
3) it is not
4) if i were describing a woman with traditionally masculine words (e.g. strong, powerful, assertive) i would most definitely not be receiving bullshit messages because being masculine is seen as a positive
5) you’re gross and you probably smell like beans stop messaging me
i dont understand how some fries can be longer than the average potato
A great number of people on Tumblr drop the “F bomb” with reckless abandon….. especially young women. It’s not very ladylike and doesn’t make you sound cool; it just makes you sound like you have a limited vocabulary and aren’t very bright. ❌⭕
Are you talking about feminism or fuck
because fuck me I fucking love both of those things
Don’t tell me how to be ladylike.
Welcome to the adult world, where people swear because shit fucking sucks.
Hilarious though that you think my use of the word “fuck” negates my genius-level IQ (which is technically bullshit anyway cuz IQ scores are…well, bullshit, but still) or my career as a journalist, let alone my side-career as a stage technician (look ma, writing AND engineering!).
Also hilarious that you think I should give a fuck if someone considers me ladylike.
Welcome to the adult world, where it turns out that people are autonomous beings with the right to make full use of their language in whatever manner they see fit.
Once you’ve studied sociolinguistics, you learn that words are interesting because they each have a unique weight and meaning as a result of their shifting historical context and the power we assign them culturally. You could have every word in the English language in your vocabulary and still be unable to replicate with any other word the precise effect conveyed by dropping the f-bomb. As evidenced by the people who clutch their pearls every time someone does it.
To put it another way, language is a human construct, and a dynamic one informed by individual human experience. We should be afraid of certain pieces of it no more than we should fear a particular painting just because it shows an aspect of the human experience we may not find pleasant to look at.
Or to put it another way yet, OP, fuck yourself and your idiotic notion that I have any obligation to conform to your idea of “ladylike” behavior, especially at the expense of my freedom to make use of all the linguistic tools that human history and my education have made available to me to express myself. And I can assure you that your uninformed and ignorant assumptions about the level of my intelligence do not even register at the bottom of the list of my concerns.
Welcome to the twenty-first century, OP! I hope your journey here was successful and pleasant, considering the obvious culture shock you’re experiencing. You see, in this century, most women no longer adhere to arbitrary behavioral standards designed to keep us docile like “lady-like.”
Some more fun facts about this century:
- Intelligence is no longer measured by your inability to swear! Actually, intelligence has never been measured by your inability to swear, as evidenced by the fact that children are not more intelligent (overall) than adults!
- Women do not have to give a shit about whether or not you think they’re ladylike, because they are autonomous creatures capable of operating independently, including expressing themselves the way they want! In fact, women have always been autonomous creatures capable of operating independently, it’s just that we recognize it and put a little more emphasis on it now than the 1900s, where you clearly are from.
- Using words like fuck means that we in fact know more words than someone who does not know what fuck means, you churlish troglodytic fustilarian.
Incidentally, the word fuck is fucking useful, as it can be used in many combinations and variations with subtly different meanings. This explains its prevalence over, say, ass, because, “Ass those assing asses,” does not work as a sentence, but, “Fuck those fucking fucks,” does.
The really hilarious thing is that this archaic sentiment comes from a blog dedicated to the 1940s. Thank god this is actually seventy years later, and I can damn well swear if I fucking please, regardless of whatever assholes think it isn’t ‘ladylike’. Because I might be a woman, but I’m no lady.
Repeat after me
Kilts are not skirts
Kilts are not skirts
Kilts are not skirts
Kilts are a traditionally male garment and a Scottish man is neither a feminist/non-binary ally or a ‘sissy’ for wearing one.
kvothetheraving replied to your post: i seem to have accidentally acquired a…
that’s pretty marvelous
alasmypetticoats replied to your post: i seem to have accidentally acquired a…
haha, yeah, i feel like some regeneration of the doctor or something. it just sounds like something he’d say.
the other day I was thinking happy thoughts about Scotty and Uhura after the movies’ timeline, and then it got stuck in my head: what if they got together earlier, and had a son, and then this son joined the Academy? I just…. (o´ω`o) had to draw it
i seem to have accidentally acquired a catchphrase, in that i keep saying ‘marvelous’ like practically every other word